Address: The Old Brewery, West Bay Road, Bridport, Dorset, DT6 4JA
The Old Brewery in Bridport has been in operation since 1794. This makes Palmers one of the few United Kingdom producers able to claim continuous production for over 200 years on the original site; indeed, part of the Brewery Building is still Thatched. Founded by the Gundry family, local rope and net makers, the business was subsequently acquired in the late 19th Century by the Palmer brothers, John Cleeves and Robert Henry. Since then, it has been growing steadily whilst being handed down from generation to generation.